Last Updated on
Kratom is a common plant in Southeastern Asia and is popular for the treatment of many conditions. There is controversy around its usage especially because of lack of credible research to analyze its benefits versus setbacks. As a result, it has been outlawed in some jurisdictions, but it’s still widely used due to its impeccable outcomes to sort out the humanitarian health crisis. Kratom can easily be purchased online or from the natural stores which promote it as an herbal supplement. There are many forms of this wonderful supplement one can talk of; powder, capsules, resins, tincture, vein, and stem. This article is meant to address people who are seeking the truth about Kratom tea.
In this chronicle, you will learn how to make kratom tea, about its advantages and disadvantages, dosage, legality, sourcing, and ways of making it palatable, enjoy your reading.
Table of Contents
- What is Kratom Tea?
- Recipe for Kratom Tea
- Kratom Tea Benefits
- 1. Kratom tea promotes good health
- 2. Kratom tea eases opiate withdrawal
- 3. Kratom tea improves the sexual capability
- 4. Kratom tea promotes your social experience
- 5. Kratom tea promotes good sleep
- 6. Kratom tea reduces pain
- 7. Kratom tea produces anxiolytic and sedative effects
- 8. Kraton tea keeps people focused
- 9. Kratom boosts mood and cognitive state
- Kratom Tea Side Effects
- Making Kratom Tea Palatable
- Is Kratom Tea Legal?
- Kratom Tea Dosage and Precaution.
- Buying Kratom Tea
What is Kratom Tea?
Kratom green tea is a traditional tea popular in Thailand and other nations, it’s made from the leaves of Kratom plant. Making this kind of tea is pretty simple especially in the US states where its usage is legalized notwithstanding Southeastern Asia.
Recipe for Kratom Tea
To enjoy an exhilarating experience, you need diligence in following the required steps. Below is a simple procedure you can use to produce two cups of this appetizing beverage.
Kratom tea Ingredients
- 1 to 2 grams of Kratom powder
- 3 cups of water
- Half lemon fruit
Kratom tea making, the procedure
- Place the 3 cups of water in the boiling pot then begin heating.
- Squeeze the lemon into the water; it will give a citrus taste and protects the alkaloids during heating.
- After heating the water to a simmer, add the 1 to 2 grams of kratom powder. The amount of powder added determines the potency of the tea produced; you may add more if you desire.
- Simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally but avoid too much heating.
- Turn off the fire and allow the mixture to settle for about 2 minutes.
- Gently, strain the tea via a cheesecloth or even a fine strainer into a pot
- Serve your beverage at room temperature or add ice cubed into it if you love it cold.
While exercising the power of your appetite, kratom tea can be bitter, you can add honey, sugar, and stevia or dilute it with water. Kratom extracts are not preferred in making kratom tea; their constituents can easily lose due to the ease of breaking them down.
Brewing kratom like coffee isn’t a complicated procedure, having comprehensively understood what kratom herbal tea is, let’s now study the reasons why it’s popular.
Kratom Tea Benefits
As alluded earlier, there is controversy on whether or not kratom tea has more benefits than side effects, but in this article, we’re not focusing on that. In this segment, I would like to highlight the validated benefits that people have enjoyed over time from taking the herbal kratom tea. Before you jump to study the overwhelming advantages, you need to know that the effects produced depend on the following
- How much kratom is ingested at a go
- Which of the different strains is taken
- Different people can respond differently under the same substance based on their body chemistry
Below is the exploration of how kratom tea will affect your body and mind.
1. Kratom tea promotes good health
It’s used as a medical herb and an oxidant which reduces neuron damage after a stroke. Besides, it lowers blood pressure hence treat hypertension. It has strong alkaloids which act as anti-hypertensive medicine. Catechin is another composition in kratom which control sugar levels hence treat diabetes. Kratom has antibacterial and anti-viral characteristics which boost the immune system. It further promotes weight loss hence treating obesity and improves athleticism by way of increasing energy metabolic rate.
2. Kratom tea eases opiate withdrawal
People who are addicted to opiates and wants to cut back but are terrified by the withdrawal pangs find their comfort here. It masks the inappropriate opiate withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, anxiety, diarrhea, and muscle pain. Once the body is fully detoxed, one can stop using it.
3. Kratom tea improves the sexual capability
Kratom being an ethnobotanical, it heightens arousal and prolongs the span to make sexual intercourse. There is a high number of people who depend on this sexual trigger as an aphrodisiac and sex enhancer, both men and women.
People who use kratom tea are said to be very social and enjoy being in groups. People experiencing anxiety when meeting new people or talking to a group of people use kratom tea to gain a social capacity to partake in social gatherings without hassle.
5. Kratom tea promotes good sleep
Sleeplessness is a challenge in many people, but it has been discovered that kratom makes people sleep fast, deep, and wake up more refreshed to begin new tasks, this increases one’s efficiency.
6. Kratom tea reduces pain
Mitragyna Speciosa acts on the mu-opioid receptors to relieve both temporary and chronic pain. Most people prefer using it because it’s comparatively less addictive than the doctor’s prescribed drugs. It relieves pain associated with migraines, vascular pain, and arthritic pain among others.
7. Kratom tea produces anxiolytic and sedative effects
Kratom keeps its users in a positive mood and calms them down from traumatic thoughts. It also reduces one’s nervousness and releases both physical as well as mental tension, if you need to relax then kratom tea is your beverage.
8. Kraton tea keeps people focused
Kratom is a concentration booster which helps people to focus all their mental energy appropriately. Students become more attentive in class; workers can concentrate on their places of work and husbands can take attention to their wives by taking kratom.
9. Kratom boosts mood and cognitive state
People who use kratom say that they have a feeling of contentment and well-being. It generates euphoric feelings, an optimistic frame of mind, and exhibits anti-depressant characteristics.
10. Kratom brings about stimulation effects
Kratom acts as an energizing agent without causing an increase in restlessness or increase in heartbeat. The mind becomes absolutely clear, have a balanced vigor, and have a deep focus experience.
I believe that you have been overwhelmed with the breathtakingly attractive benefits derived from Kratom tea, but before rushing to enjoy it, let’s examine the side effects which kratom tea can expose you to.
Kratom Tea Side Effects
Is kratom safe? Many people are searching for authentic sources to answer their questions as to whether kratom green tea is really good for healthy living. Perhaps you like the taste, others make kratom tea with ginger, but how vulnerable would you become by ingesting it? Since we care for your health, we have conducted thorough research from credible sources, and below are the results found
Drugabuse.com lists the following to be the side effects of taking kratom.
- It makes users experience nausea and vomiting
- It causes dizziness and drowsiness; these hiders one’s normal operations
- It makes them constipate and increase the frequency of urinating
- It causes up normal sweating and itching
- The pupils of the user constrict
- Users are said to blush inappropriately
- Liver damage is also associated with kratom use
- Kratom herbal tea can cause the following long-term side effects
- User’s skin darkens, a condition called hyperpigmentation
- They also experience weight loss and Anorexia
- The kratom users often experience a condition called psychosis
Long term users are likely to develop tolerance compelling them to use more and more of Kratom tea to get results. This can potentially lead to addiction. In the case of addiction, the following symptoms can be experienced when withdrawing.
- Running nose
- A terrible craving for kratom
- Muscle and joint pain
- Nausea, sweating, and irritability
Most users consider the majority of the above side effects to be mild and treatable. As a result, they have become tolerant to the effects, and they continue enjoying the benefits. I don’t know what attracts you most to kratom tea or what scares you most, but I thought you should know.
Making Kratom Tea Palatable
People have mastered the art of changing the taste of kratom tea by adding different flavors into it. Also, others use it with other substances to reduce the side effects. For instance, people add red poppy flowers to make it have a mild narcotic effect. Others add alcohol to it in order to increase the storage span, but a lot of alcohol isn’t recommended.
Kratom tea is therefore flexible hence people adjust it by the addition of substances for a variety of feelings and experiences.
Is Kratom Tea Legal?
Kratom tea is federally legal in the US. However, there are several states which have outlawed its use, namely; New Hampshire, Indiana, Wisconsin, Tennessee, California, Illinois, Arkansas, Alabama, and Florida. This is because so many people have called poison control centers on issues relating to kratom poisoning. About 600 calls were made between 2010 and 2015.
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in the US is still discussing Kratom legality, but in 2016, DEA expressed its intention to list kratom in schedule 1 where heroin, ecstasy, and LSD belong because of the following reasons.
- It can easily be abused
- It lacks any accepted medical use in America
- Lack of medical supervision and safety measures on its use
Since the announcement of the intention to ban its usage, approximately 140,000 people have signed a petition in protest of the intended listing. If DEA lists kratom in schedule 1, it can only be available in the black market thereafter.
Kratom Tea Dosage and Precaution.
Large volumes of kratom tea cause ill-effects making it’s regulation vital. First-timers are discouraged from large doses, 2 to 3 grams is sufficient enough. The experienced partakers should also observe the dose as prescribed and avoid exceeding their tolerance level at all costs to avoid addiction. But in case one gets addicted, all is not lost.
Treating Kratom tea addiction
The reason behind one’s usage for kratom is a consideration in treating its addiction. Since different people respond differently to the same substances, customized treatments are recommended.
Some people would opt to go to a rehabilitation center, but the most common kratom addiction treatment methodologies are:
- Making use of cognitive therapy
- Applying dialectical behavior therapy
- Using the relapse prevention therapy
Buying Kratom Tea
I know that you expect to get kratom in your local natural food store, but that might not be the case due to many misconceptions about it. Online marketplaces are best placed to give you a variety of options to select from. There is an online competition to sell kratom. This can work to your advantage. It’s however worth noting that the FDA doesn’t regulate quality standard for kratom, but according to FSN news, FDA found heavy metals in kratom making it not good for human consumption and illegal. This makes it your sole prerogative to authenticate your genuine suppliers. Otherwise, you might buy kratom intoxicated with substances like hydrocodone.
It’s evident that Kratom tea has many uses and advantages. On the other hand, the disadvantages are many. However, diligent use of kratom will definitely give you the desired results if you follow the guidelines as listed in this article. Despite being banned in some states in the US, it’s still a prevalent substance which many people identify with. If you are experiencing any of the conditions that kratom tea is capable of dealing with, you know what to do and how to do it. Thank you for choosing us to inform you.